Apply for Certification
Grounded in over a decade of research and field-testing, the Nature Explore Classroom Certification Program is a national initiative of Dimensions Educational Research Foundation in collaboration with environmental, educational, design and health organizations.
When you become a Certified Nature Explore Classroom, you will receive:
- Your own page on the Nature Explore website where you can post your photos, tell your organization’s unique story, and thank your supporters.
- Recognition in a press release.
- Official classroom sign, certificate and logo
- Opportunities to share ideas with other organizations in the network
Certification Requirements Include:
1) Well-designed outdoor space — Provide evidence that principles from the Learning with Nature Idea Book were used in the design of new spaces, or the redesign of existing spaces. For renewal, provide evidence of annual maintenance.
2) Staff development — Provide evidence that staff have attended a full-length Nature Explore Workshop. For renewal, provide evidence of annual professional development relating to nature education.
3) Family involvement — Provide evidence that activities or materials designed to increase family awareness and involvement in nature education for young children are provided regularly.
Ready to Apply?
Choose the application form in your preferred format. Please download the form and save to your computer. Check to make sure your information is saving properly before completing the entire form. Once complete, submit your application with supporting documentation through the form below, email or mail.or
NOTE: Be sure to check that your data is saving properly before completing the entire form.
Once complete, submit your application with supporting documentation through the form below, email or mail.
Email: [email protected]
Nature Explore Outreach Coordinator
7700 A Street
Lincoln, NE 68510