Cedar Valley Preschool
and Child Care Center
* Highlights of 2020 Nature Explore CVPCCC program:
* Replaced playground climbing equipment
* Replaced vegetable garden planters
* Continued strong community support—–volunteers, funding, staff involvement
* Audubon Society bird presentation for our 3 through 5 year old’s
* University of Northern Iowa professor Butterflies & Moths presentation for 3 through 5 year olds—has now become a Board member!
*Green America Americorps representative provided composting interactive presentation for 6 through 10 year old’s
Our Nature Explore Certified Outdoor Classroom took on an entirely new meaning in 2020! It has always been a source of joy and discovery, but now it impacted the children’s health and well-being. All child care programs were being encouraged to spend as much time as possible outdoors by licensing, Child Care Resource & Referral, and the local heath department.
Cedar Valley Preschool & Child Care Center was acclaimed by the Black Hawk County Health Department nurse, as well as the Department of Human Services licensing representative for the outdoor opportunities for children and the health benefits from greater periods of time spent outdoors!